Friday 5 July 2013

Two Finishes in One Week

What a week! I have been blitzing the sewing, well, blitzing for me anyway. First finish is the Steps Quilt which I finished quilting and binding this week.


I love the binding, some red hearts I found in Ditto Fabrics in Brighton. So satisfying to make a whole roll of the stuff, but less so when I realised that I was about 4 inches short once I had nearly finished sewing it on - a bit of hasty cutting and finger pressing later and I was good to go!

More gratuitous quilt shots...

And then my other finish was the mini quilt retirement gift. Backed with the Ikea numbers print - appropriate for a school teacher I thought! With a closeup of the fabric from the country dancing skirts. Can't wait to give it to her now!



5 comments:

  1. Great job on your finishes. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love BOTH of your lovely finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts are beautiful! I love the red border on the Steps quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked and you are still a noreply comment. On Blogger profile, check the box - share my email. I was frustrated with that as well when I first started reading blogs - I came upon that by accident as the tutorials did not show that box. Send me an email and I will let you know if it works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your steps quilt! It's gorgeous, and your FMQ looks great with it!

    Also, I wanted to hop over to your blog and leave a comment for you to let you know that you're a no-reply blogger. There is a good tutorial on Fluster Buster on how to fix that. Thanks for commenting on my Happy Dance quilt. I'm so glad you like it!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete