Friday 19 June 2015

Tom's Quilt

So my nephew is 9 this weekend, and some time ago I noticed a picture in his room that he had designed on the computer.

And I thought, "hmmm, that would be a great quilt"! And so I've made that great quilt!

The cat thinks it's great too!  The backing was a tad short thanks to a red pirate bandana I rashly chopped off my red fabric... But of course a pieced backing is always more exciting, and being a lazy bones, I wouldn't have bothered if I didn't have to!
And here's the lable

You can see the quilting here, rainbow variegated Gutterman Sulky 30 cotton- and a wavy stitch - thanks Amanda Jean for the inspiration! 

It was fun and quick. I love it, hope Tom does too!! 

linking up to Finish It Friday at Crazy Mom!
Crazymom quilts
 

2 comments:

  1. That's so neat that you made it from his art work, awesome! I like the wavy stitch quilting, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! When I gave it to him he loved it, and when he realised it was his own artwork he couldn't believe it - he literally gasped! I'm so happy, it was one of the best gift reactions I've ever seen!

      Delete